Penrice Quarry & Mineral is a proud South Australian business committed to fostering business partnerships and supplying projects that benefit our community environmentally, socially, economically and promote a sustainable future.
Environmental and Sustainable practises
We are committed to
- Continually reducing the carbon footprint of all our processes, operations and facilities, including the use of energy efficient machinery and the use of alternative fuels such as Adblue.
- Conservation of water including rainwater capture, storage and use on our site to minimise dust
- Use of environmentally safe dust suppressants on our crushing plants as a replacement for water, potentially saving thousands of litres of water each year
- Collecting all used oil and ensuring it is professionally recycled by an independent and accredited third party.
- Ongoing re-vegetation using native trees
- All vehicles using the truck wash facility installed at our site. The truck wash is supplied with water captured onsite and recycled through a series of silt buster tanks. The truck wash ensures that drag out of dirt and mud onto public roads is minimised, benefiting other road users and the local community.
- Enforcing the use of tarping systems to minimise dust.
- Converting to energy efficient lighting throughout the quarry premises.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice.